Wednesday, April 4, 2007

CONCERNED PARENT.

Dear Richard,
My daughter has been a victim of bullying at 3 different schools. Now she seems to be doing the best she has ever done academically. I have spoke to the parents of these girls. One appologized at our house. The other one quit picking on her. The last one, the instigator, will not let loose. She has even caused her to do poorly on a group project by not including her and omitting her work. The teachers were informed of this. I have been to the principal...twice. She still continues to call my daughter names and forbid her friends to talk to my daughter and they follow her orders.
I have asked my daughter to sit somewhere else at lunch and make new friends, but she claims everyone is mean to her and she has no friends. The ones she does have don't want to sit by her because they think it's mean how there friends treat her but don't want to lose them as thier friends.
Help...
Our school claims to have a bully policy, but I have yet to see any results and the kids just seem so mean. My daughter is very shy, until she gets to know a person. I wish I could go to the school during lunch and get these kids to mingle and meet each other.
Do you have any suggestions. I don't know if the school would be willing to hold an assembly.
Sincerely,
Susan Spencer


I shared some information with her via email, do you have any suggestions you can share with Susan. Send them to richard@richardpaul.com and I will post them on the blog.

No comments: