Friday, April 20, 2007

Eye Contact and Smiles

Hey Rick!
Thanks for the Ezine! I liked the article on eye contact. I am working with this concept in the office with my employees...not that I'm bullying them, mind you :) but letting them know that making eye contact with our patients, especially when presenting treatment or fees shows confidence and patients sense that. We do role playing quite often and that is one skill we practice a lot! I have had some of the employees tell me that keeping a smile on their face helps them to keep eye contact because a smile can be very engaging. If a patient is upset over something and I am called to discuss the matter with them I put on my best smile look straight in their eyes and lower my voice and for some reason that always diffuses them! Anyway, thanks for the article, I plan to share it with my employees as a reinforcement for what we are trying to accomplish. Enjoy the beautiful day!

Blessings,
Judy

No comments: